Monday, February 17, 2014

Embroidery

So, last week a coworker discovered she had ordered a bib as a birth gift that actually required stitching to complete. So she called me up and asked if I could look at a cross stitch project and if I could do it.

I get up there and it is an embroidery stitching project, not cross stitch.





I had never done embroidery before (I have only been cross stitching for just under 2 years) and I was a little intimidated. I asked a good stitching friend her opinion, and as we talked I realized it was just back stitching without a grid. The lines were printed on the bib, so all I had to do was cover those. I set the bib up in my 8" q-snap and started. About 3 hours later, I had this:




I started with the wrong color right off the bat. not knowing how to fix embroidery, I just changed the colors for other things. I have an odd sense of fairness, and since the helicopter was supposed to be blue and the plane the gray, I just went with the gray for the helicopter and made the plane green since the green was relegated to support roles.

I did receive a nice thank you from the coworker, who CC'd both her director and mine, for my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment