Monday, May 12, 2014

Mardi Gras Mask - Update 9

My progress may look like a lot, but it could have been so much more.....if only I had looked at the pattern once in a while over the last few days. I was under the very certain and positive beyond all doubt assumption that the borders were solid - the mask did not do more than bump into them for the rest of the pattern. And after a week of putting in the border, then completing the border and starting to fill it in at FAST on Saturday....I realized I was in error.

SO....Saturday night I spent the evening tearing out most of what I had done....well not most, but chunks of it, while trying to preserve as much as I could of completed stitches that did not need to be redone. Once I got past that, I was able to start again. I got in some of the green border for scale and positioning, added in the mask where it intrudes on the right border, and then finished it off with the rest of the gold and purple.

Now I am working with the beads along the bottom border.

AND I messed up the mask itself. It is supposed to be white with silver filament but I did white with pearl. I THINK it is going to look OK with the gray and silver accents, so I am going to leave it as is for now. We will see after I get the beads and bottom border finished, probably at the end of the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment