Monday, April 28, 2014

Mardi Gras Mask - Update 3

I am not sure I am using the Kreinik Very Fine Braid #4 properly. I wonder if I should be using two strands instead of one. The blending filament, for the pattern, is clearly stated as one strand of cotton and two strands of filament. But the braid, I am assuming, is supposed to be two over two, just like the rest of the cotton. I will have to ask the stitching groups I am a member of and see what they think.

At any rate, I am going to have to buy more braid.


6 comments:

  1. I just started on a pattern where the the cross stitch is done first and then go over it with the Kreinik. I like it that way, the Kreinik seems to show up better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea - I agree that the filament gets lost in translation, sometimes even at 2 to 1 with the cotton. Are you stitching with one strand before you go over it with the Kreinik?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm stitching with 1 strand of silk on 32 count fabric. Then I go back over it with 1 strand of the Kreinik. Takes a little more time, but I like the look better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome. Are you / have you posted updates for it? I'd like to see how it looks, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to take the border out because I didn't like the colors. Are you going to FAST? I'll bring it and show you if you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely will be at FAST. Looking forward to seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete